From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:55:34 -0700
Does anyone know of any software to develop relative pitch.  AND do we know
which of the great composers had it.  That would be a nice thing to know.
I have relative pitch to some extent in that on hearing a melody, I can go
to the piano pick it out usually the 1st or 2nd time.  The problem for me
is I am often off 1 note on a skip.  I would like to improve my ability to
play by ear (compose by ear) with a piece of software i.e.  name this
interval, especially software that remembers what you are missing and keeps
throwing it back at you i.e.  "this guy always misses it when it goes down
an augmented 6th, so I will throw more of those at him".

Thanks,

Bill Pirkle