From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 09:26:25 -0400
I'm listening to a cd I just got from Berkshire for 1.99 ... I figured if
I didn't like it I could use it for a decoration.

Wow!  What a surprise.  It's the Goldberg Variations played by the Amati
String Trio.  I can hear each line clearly in a way that is not as possible
when the piece is played on harpsichord or piano (Peace, I love them that
way, too, so please do not holler at me.)

But for me, whose heart still is in strings, this is a TREAT.  It's a
wonderful arrangement by Sitkovetsky.  Tasty!.  I hope the arrangement
is in print, because people who enjoy playing as well as listening are
probably delighted that it exists.

I understand that Sitkovetsky also made an arrangement for string ensemble,
but the consensus (all three reports I read) stick with the trio
arrangement for clarity and beauty.

Sitkovetsky interests me.  What do y'all know about him? I read on the web
that he is conducting the Ulster Orchestra now, and he is also a violinist.

Mimi Ezust