From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:54:34 -0700
Zeke Zubrow comments on the...

> ...remarkable set of lectures Andras Schiff recorded for the Guardian
> website about the Beethoven Piano Sonatas.  ...
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/624q7f
>
> The playing is pretty darned good too!

A similar discussion-with-illustrations was done by Anton Kuerti for
CBC Radio a few years ago.  But when his traversal of the sonatas
came out they'd excised all his illuminating commentary.

'Not sure there's any way to release such material in recorded form
successfully, but I was disappointed.  Maybe this is where the Internet
goes one further than more olden media.

I'll be checking this out, thanks.

Bert Bailey