From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 09:49:30 -0500
Peter Wisse wrote:

>Dear all, abou 20 years ago, I heard at a friend's the pianoconcerto by
>the Brazilian composer Hekel Tavares, as far as I remember it was on a
>Turnabout LP.  It was a hilariously funny piece.  The other day I learned
>that Tavares also wrote a violin concerto.  Does anybody know, if one or
>both of the concerto's have appeared on CD, an if so, on which label?

I know of the following issues

EMI-Odeon 63.82.0355
Piertro Maranca
Sao Paulo State SO; Eleazar de Carvalho

London LLP 1104
Felicja Blumental
London SO; Anatole Fistoulari (LP that I have)

Radio Ministerio da Educacao e Cultura CFX 3080-3081
Joao Souza Lima
Orq Sinf Nacional Brazil; Composer cond.

Somehow I recall a Turnabout issue, but since my oclc connection is not
available at the moment, I can't check.

Not sure if any of these have made it to CD.

Karl