From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:35:35 +0800
Ron wrote:

>I have been in the market for a complete set of the Mozart piano sonatas
>for quite some time.  Can the list's piano experts comment on this set,
>Kraus' Sony set (currently available at Berkshire for $19.95) and any
>other sets that are currently available and recommended?

It's strange that there are so many complete sets of Mozart's Piano Sonatas
out there and almost all of these sets are dirt cheap.  My recommendations
are:

(1) Walter Klien on Vox label (4CD set)
(2) Uchida on the Philips label under the Mozart Edition series - I've got
the set for $80.

I prefer the more muscular and robust apporach of Klien.

Cheers
Kar Ming