From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:43:46 -0700
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>...  The problem I have is 40+ years' worth of Gramophones which have
>overflowed a cupboard and are rapidly filling a bookshelf near another
>one that's nearly full of Fanfares.  They're good for nostalgia value,
>I suppose, but I rarely need to consult them any more and even then,
>only a relatively recent issue.  I considered donating them to the
>local library where they would probably only gather dust and present
>some unfortunate with a huge filing problem.  The recycling bin seems
>the only realistic option.  There must be other listers with the same
>dilemma.  Any suggestions?

Thrift shops.  I turfed a couple of decades of Grams, Fanfares ARGs a
few years back when it became obvious that a) we were fast running out
of wall space and I'd rather use it for CDs and books than magazines and
b) as you say they rarely get looked at any more.  (Unlike the good old
days when the Gramophone LP catalogue contained references to months in
which reviews appeared).

I gave mine to the Salvation Army - well, if it helps Gen. Wm. Booth
to Enter Heaven - and actually know one or two lunatics who buy such
things from them.

Now, you want a serious waste disposal problem, arguably N America's
largest?

National Geographic.....

Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>