From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:50:51 -0500
Jim Tobin provides a fine list of favorite classical music written in
the past twenty years.  I'd like to do the same, except I have very
little idea when anything was written.  Consequently, my list will be
from the past "twenty or so" years.

Adams: Violin Concerto; John's Book of Alleged Dances; Gnarly Buttons;
Death of Klinghoffer
Arnold: Symphony No. 9
Bolcom: Cabaret Songs
Boulez: Sur Incises
Daugherty: Desi; Metropolis Symphony
Forsyth: Cello Concerto 'Electra Rising'
Golijov: Last Round
Holmboe: Symphonies 12-13
Kernis: New Era Dance
Klebanov: Viola Concerto
Larsen: Collage -- Boogie
Lees: Symphony No. 4; String Quartet No. 5
Lutoslawski: Partita
Macmillan: Cantos Sagrados
Meyer: Violin Concerto
Reich: Tehillim
Rosner: Concerto for 2 trumpets, strings, and timpany; Sextet 'Nun komm der
Heiden Heiland'; Oboe Sonata
Rouse: Trombone Concerto; Violin Concerto; Symphony No. 2
Schiff: Divertimento from Gimpel the Fool
Scurria: Beyond All Walking
Simpson: Symphony No. 9
Tower: Piano Quartet
Weigel: Clarinet Concerto