From:
John Detwiler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 19:06:48 EDT
All right, Mr. Hecht, we're all allowed our nationalism, our favoratism
to our own instrument...  I have nothing against the trombone, I play it
in marching band.

But back to this thread.  The Bruckner chorales aren't transcriptions,
they were written for trombones.  And we can be sure that he got the
instrumentation right the first time, seeing as how he had his choice
of valved horns, or even euphoniums, in addition to trombones.

No hard feelings, I hope.

~John~