From:
"John G. Deacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 22:31:38 +0200
I understand exactly what Robin Mitchell-Boyask <[log in to unmask]> is
saying about Muti and his time in Philadelphia (of which I know little and
thus cannot comment) and his final comment:-

>... the main question is Muti's suitability to hold a major postion with
>an orchestra in this country.  Has he learned anything in the past seven
>years? From the various hissy fits he's pulled over the past year or so,
>I don't think so.

This I cannot judge either, but I had been talking about his talents
in Italian opera so isn't it being a bit unfair to hit him with
Gotterdammerung? I suggest that Wagner under Muti from Italy can't be
all that far removed from Pletnev doing G & S from Moscow?

John G. Deacon
Home page: www.ctv.es/USERS/j.deacon