From:
Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:14:28 -0400
Bob K. wrote:

>Someone was lamenting yesterday that we never get to hear a recent
>American symphony.  This is ridiculous!  There is no reason for it!  We
>need an adventerous proponent of new music that's not afraid to program it
>at concerts.  People -will- come to see it.  If they can afford tickets...

Whose new music? The new music you like? The new music I like? Almost every
time I hear NEW MUSIC!  A list of old guys and dead guys is spewed forth.
In fact the same list that was spewed forth in 1955.

With every open vacancy they gather and practice goose stepping to the
podium.

It is enough to make people sick, sick of classical musics social world,
and sick enough to hope that it comes crashing down.

Stirling S Newberry