From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:05:32 PDT
Joseph Previte wrote:

>Uchida falls somewhere inbetween mediocrity and greatness, but I
>find her a bit too cool and detached.

Hm.  Philip Peters found Uchida too romantic in her approach to Mozart's
piano sonatas.  I think she's right in the middle - just right.  I've
mentioned the excitement I feel from her interpretations of the fast
movements.  Any agreement on this?

As an aside, you might have read that female models are auctioning off
their eggs at a minimum of $15,000 a pop.  That's just for the potential
to look good, not greater potential to do anything good.  How much would
a Uchida egg bring on the market? Since I don't possess any eggs, I feel
at a disadvantage.

Don Satz