From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:54:20 -0500
Mary Esterheld wrote:

>Which reminds me that within the past few months or so Yo-yo Ma left
>his cello in a taxi and didn't recover it until the next day and a
>prominent violinist (don't remember who) also left his violin in a taxi
>and scrambled to recover it.  ...

What was the name of the young woman who lost parts of both legs salvaging
an expensive violin as the doors of a Chicago rapid transit train were
closing on her?  I believe she's playing again.

Walter Meyer

 [Rachel Barton is indeed performing.  Has been for a number of
 years.  She records for Dorian and Cedille Records.  -Dave]