From:
Ravi Narasimhan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:31:38 -0800
On 16 Nov 2007 at 12:19, James Tobin wrote:

> I can't believe all this about Hahn's smiling but, for whatever
> it might be worth to anyone, i can testify that she is generous
> with her time and friendly and kind to children.  ..,

[ and the general discussion about whether she should or should not ]

She smiled a lot when I heard her Brahms in '99 and '02 and in a breakneck
evening of Bach circa '03, all in Los Angeles.  She looked tired and
tense in her '07 Verbier festival webcast.  Perhaps she is just changing
her approach with time and/or feeling the effects of years on the go.

Ravi Narasimhan
http://www.rettacs.org