From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:02:12 -0600
Ray Bayles writes:

>Hopefully, somebody will come along and find a way to make classical
>music profitable.

I guess it depends on what sort of profit you seek. If you are looking for
profits that enrich our lives, I think classical music already works.

In my limited experience, classical radio can flourish, but one needs to
keep costs down. Our own radio station works because it has a small budget
and is a non-profit tax exempt company. I do fear that as of late our
budget might be getting a bit too big, but in general I think we do a good
job.

As for our record company, with two issues out, and no reviews as of yet,
we have already made back the costs of the first issue. With everything but
printing, pressing and promos done on a volunteer basis, it seems to be
working.

Karl