From:
Mark Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 08:46:17 -0400
I want to ask my friends and their friends for a special favor in helping
me spread and promote my wife's CD called "PASSIONATE ROSE" on the internet
throughout the United States and around the World.  Her CD is doing well in
the major cities in the United States.  However to make this CD project a
major success around the country I need my Internet friends support.  My
wife and I decided not to join with a major record label right now because
of the politics in the music business.  Before I introduce my wife to you
I want you to know that I made a promise to my wife to help her fulfill
her dream of becoming a concert pianist.  She is half way there.  If you
haven't heard her CD or seen her perform you're missing a wonderful treat.
Also, I would like to share some wonderful news with my internet friends
that happened on October 8, 1999, Oasis Music Company borrowed a
song,"Intermezzo", from her CD," PASSIONATE ROSE," to promote and send
to radio stations all over the country.

It is an honor for me to present to you Maria Murphy, the finest female
classical pianist of the Nineties.  The 33 year old artist has dedicated
twenty years of performing classical piano, and her talent is spreading
throughout the United States.  Recently she made a guest appearance on WRIC
channel 8,WCVE 88.9 FM, Style Weekly, Voice Weekly, and Richmond Times
Dispatch in Richmond, VA.  The first song on her CD, "They Will Not Lend Me
A Child" made enormous airplay on WNYC FM 93.9 in New York City and WFMT FM
98.7 in Chicago.  Recent acknowledgments also include WETA in Washington
D.C., WTMI FM 93.1 in Miami, FL, and KKGO 105.1 in Los Angeles, CA.

Maria began playing the piano at the age of eleven.  Her teachers
recognized that she had the gift of perfect pitch, and her musical skills
advanced rapidly.  She began playing for her church at the age of fourteen.
In 1982 and 1983, she participated in master classes with international
pianist Stephan Bardas.  Classical music has always been her soul's desire.
Her music reflects a compelling poetic interpretation, brilliant technique,
and a determined strength.  She has shared her talents with her community
in spite of a challenge, which would cause most to give up.  At the age of
twenty, Maria was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, an inflammatory bowel
disorder that almost took her life.  Crohn's disease affects over a million
Americans each year.  There is no cause and there is no cure.  Living with
Crohn's has not brought her spirits down.  She is a very ambitious,
determined and extraordinary women.

A native of Hampton, Virginia, Maria is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth
University with a bachelor's degree in music education.  She is currently
an elementary music teacher in Henrico County Public Schools.  She is also
a part time organist at Saint James United Methodist Church in Hampton.
She has also served as a piano teacher at Richmond Piano Rebuilders for
several years.

Through her business Elegant Touch, Maria continues to perform for
numerous special events in the Richmond and Tidewater area.  In her
future endeavors, Maria is looking forward to performing classical music
nationally as well as encouraging more African-American youth to become
involved in classical music.

I would love to have your support in spreading her talents throughout
the country.  If you're interested in purchasing a CD please email
([log in to unmask])or send $15.00(including shipping & handling) check
or money order to:

   Maria Murphy
   229 Forester Court
   Richmond,VA 23227

P.S.  She will send you an autographed copy.  Again, thank you for your
support.

Mark Murphy <[log in to unmask]>