From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:20:38 +0000
I wrote:

>>Every now and then I hear some music on the radio, whilst tooling around
>>town, that I know, but don't know who is playing it.  On the other hand,
>>I just HAVE to know what recording it is becuase I HAVE to have it.  ...
>>Any similars to share?

Bernard Chasan responded:

>For me it is usually music I don't recognize and MUST know who dunnit!!!
>Last example; A wonderful piece which turned out to be Bloch'es Suite
>for Viola and Orchestra, which is an arrangement of his Viola Sonata.

I have had similar experiences.  Not so long ago I heard some music that
I simply didn't know.  I speculated: Poulenc?  Shostakovich?  Prokofiev?
It was Hindemith's Clarinet Concerto!!!  I have listened to it many times
since then and am still fasinated by it.

As for a complete "Ring" that would take a long, long trip.  I suppose
it could be done on the way from Ohio to Florida or California.  I'm not
sure I could take that.

The Intellectual Hobo