From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 20:46:11 -0700
I was in Ameoba records in Berkeley, Ca last weekend, (a new/used CD
store), and someone seemed to have sold their entire Chandos collection.

Besides some Bach and Mussorgsky arranged by Stowkowski, (a blast to listen
to, BTW), I picked up the BBC Phil doing Guilmant--his Symphony 2 for organ
and orchestra.  Felix Alexandre Guilmant that is, 1837-1911.

I am also one of those people who does odds and ends while listening to
music, esp.  new music, but the first track--the Introduction et Allegro
risoluto--was so thrilling that I felt compelled to put down my curling
iron and stand in the middle of the room and listen to it again.

*kidding**

**really, I'm kidding

It's not "high minded" music as they call it, but the gargantuan chord
progressions put out by that Liverpool Cathedral organ...wow.

Those looking to break windows need not hesitate.

John Smyth