From:
Roberto Strappafelci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 22:35:37 +0100
Walter Meyer wrote:

>They're available from Berkshire in a 20-CD set on the Art & Music label
>for US$39.80 played by Wolfgang Stockmeier. Should I buy or should I pass?

Don't walk, run to the store!  Then warn your neighbours, turn volume close
to the threshold of pain, sit down and play BWV 654-656 (it is one of the
three chorals preferred by Bach himself).

This is a wonderful set in my opinion, where Stockmeier doesn't act as
a rock star to impress on the listener.  It was recorded in four years
(1977-1981) all around Germany.  Keep in mind, however, that there has been
some fetishism around Bach these past few decades so many of the BWV xxx
are only exercises, sketchs and the like, sold off as concert material.

Roberto Strappafelci