From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:35:20 PDT
Strirling Newberry wrote in response to me:

>>There's a time for sophmoric activities and a time for music - in my
>>world, they are mutually exclusive to one another.
>
>Beethoven and Haydn did not think they were exclusive of each  other.

That settles it - thanks for setting me straight.  I'm wrong, Haydn and
Beethoven are right, and Stirling, God bless him, has shown me the errors
of my way.  Hallelujah!

This is at least the 2nd time in recent weeks that Stirling has made
comments that would naturally lead a reader to assume that he places
priority on adhering to the personal views/preferences of great artists.
Now, I don't believe for a second that Stirling actually does this.  He's
much too strong and independent.  So, my basic question is - why does he
write irrelevant comments that are not true to himself? Shape up, my man.

Don Satz