From:
Jeffrey Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:57:39 -0500
Dear CM fans, Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase the individual
disc containing only the 9th symphony recording here in the US? Amazon.com
has only the boxed containing all of the symphonies.  I don't want to spend
that much money but really would like to get the ninth.  I was reading a
review of great piano recordings by the decade one time in an issue of
Gramophone magazine and the author picked Katsaris's Beethoven 9th (maybe
it was the whole set) as the best piano recording of the 80's.  This
article also listed recordings by Cortot and Rachmaninov from the early
decades of the past century, to give more of a framework for the article.

Jeffrey Hall <[log in to unmask]>