From:
Claire McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:44:52 -0400
Position Announcement: History of African-American Music

We seek candidates who show strong promise of excellent teaching and
outstanding scholarship in the field of African-American music history
for a beginning Assistant Professor position to start in September 2000.
Requirements: doctoral degree (preference for Ph.D.  in music); expertise
in additional musical subjects.  Teaching responsibilities include courses
for graduate students, under-graduate music majors, and general liberal
arts students.

Review of applications begins November 1, 1999 and continues until
the position is filled.  Send cover letter, CV, and three letters of
recommendation to David Locke, Department of Music, Tufts University,
20 Professors Row, Medford, MA 02155.

Tufts University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty.  Members
of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

Claire McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>