From:
Victor Perez Chavez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:23:11 -0500
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm currently in one of those frenzies that I think all of us get into
>at one time or another.  For the past few weeks I've listened to one
>piece of music on a daily basis, sometimes to the exclusion of anything
>else.  This time it's Winterreise.
>
>This latest obsession started with my September note about Goerne/Brendel's
>Winterreise, ...

Try PHILIPS Dieter Fisher Dieskau- Alfred Brendel.  This is for me the
best version (I have three).  The CD leafleft has the text of all songs
in German, French and English.

In my opinion, it is very important - for Scubert's lieder  - that the
baritone has German as native language to get the best spelling and
intonation

Victor Perez Chavez
Lima - Peru