From:
"Richard A. Ujvary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:53:25 -0500
I'd go along with this and it seems to me that it would be more of whether
or not you'd treat composers as possible "close friends", "friends" or
"acquaintances" when being exposed to their musical works.  It's all a
matter of relationships.  I think we all must have some pre-disposed and
innate sense of relating to specific kinds of music and the people who make
it.  I always wonder why I like specific composers and it usually boils
down to the fact that I'd probably be very great friends with them if given
the opportunity.  I can see that we'd "get along".  And for the composers
that give us problems, well, you just have to put in the time to get to
know them.  For some I've given up..never the twain shall meet.....  we're
too too different.

Rich