From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 22:23:06 -0000
Donald Satz wrote:

>Tony Duggan writes:
>
>>In fact it would be hard to overestimate the contribution of British
>>composers to 20th century music.  It far outweighs that of some
>>countries I could mention.
>
>The 20th century contributions of British composers may well outweigh the
>contributions from the American side; that's nothing unexpected either.  ...

Again the assumption is that when I mentioned other countries I meant the
USA in particular.  There are other countries on the planet than the USA,
you know.  Fine nation though it undoubtedly is and one I greatly admire.
However, I was thinking principally of Germany and perhaps Austria in my
original statement.

Tony Duggan,
England