From:
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 14:27:26 -0400
First off, we had an interesting time in Italy and thank you to all
listerines who gave good advice about packing, traveling, etc.  I do
promise a report on some of the music we experienced as soon as things
settle down here.

Mean while, I must make my return with a question:  using my new cable
modem capacity I was listening to a piece on WGBH (I know!  A radio would
have worked just as well here in southern NH!).  Anyway, I was enjoying the
symphony but missed the title and composer.

My guess is that it was by an American twentieth century composer.  Wanting
to know how close (or more like how far-off) my ears were I wrote to WBGH.
They kindly responded that it was Mennin's Symphony #5 [Eastman-Rochester
Orch./Howard Hanson] on Mercury 432 755.

Well, I never heard of him.  So I'm in the same boat of not knowing how I
did? How did I do?

Ed
Private responses welcomed at [log in to unmask]