From:
Madeline Millard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:03:30 -0600
On 28 June, a CLASSICAL lister posted a message stating he had heard that
Jeffrey Tate was seriously ill.  I questioned the lister privately but he
could not remember where, how, or when he received his information.

I have just returned from Dr. Tate's week at Music Academy of the West
where there was an opportunity to inquire about his health.  I have been
charged to post the answer to all who may have seen the original message.

While CLASSICAL listers were discussing his health the Maestro was, in
fact, undergoing a complete physical examination at a London hospital.
He was found to be in excellent health.

There are nearly 1000 subscribers to the CLASSICAL list and rumors can
spread exponentially, with disastrous results.  If you have repeated the
unfortunate and unfounded rumor to others, please, please make an equal
effort to forward the truth to the same people.

Thank you!

Madeline Millard