From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:32:52 EDT
Andrew Carlan wrote:

>What I cannot understand is the amount of time and space recording
>companies and music lovers, here and in general, devote to composers
>who are "eh," and will not survive this generation and Nielsen CDs
>have all but disappeared from the record bins and certainly his music
>from concert programs.

I totally agree with Don on this one.  Who in their right mind would
classify ANY composer as "eh"?? We are all masters of expression.  I'm as
much a master as Beethoven or anyone else........because it's all about
expression.  I am a master of what I set out to do.  People may not like my
music as they like Beethoven's but noone can do better at what I am trying
to express.

I would like to further add to this thread by saying that Mr.  Carlan
should take another look.  There are Nielsen recordings abounding on the
record store shelves.  Funny thing is...they are all on NAXOS!!!  Naxos has
a damn fine selection of Nielsen recordings.

Wes Crone