From:
Jane Erb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:51:45 -0600
The following article about a forthcoming piano concert has appeared in
Spanish newspapers.  (Please note:  program follows separately below this
message.)

   We are immensely proud to be able to welcome back on June 17th the
   very distinguished American pianist Agustin Anievas.

   In order to respond to the success of that evening his friend John
   Deacon (our Vice-Chairman) has persuaded him to return to play a
   programme of Chopin.  This will take place at the Restaurante Canor
   (Ctra.N332, Gata 2km) near Teulada at 1930h on Monday 17th June.

   'Gus Anievas will dedicate the concert to the memory of his friend
   Irene Deacon (our Vice-Chairman's wife who died in February) and his
   fee for the evening will be donated to the golf fund set up in her
   memory.  Her son will also attend the function.

   Agustin Anievas, winner of the first International Mitropoulos
   Competition for Pianists, laureate of Belgium's Queen Elizabeth
   competition, was until his recent retirement Professor and Chairman
   of the Piano Department at Brooklyn College's Conservatory of Music
   (University of New York).  His EMI recordings include the complete
   Rachmaninov Piano Concertos as well as works by Chopin, Schubert,
   Liszt, Brahms and the complete Rachmaninov preludes - all of which
   can be found today as Double-CDs on EMI's <Forte> label.  It will
   interest some music lovers that his producer at EMI was the late
   Suvi Raj Grubb who retired to Moraira and later returned to India.

   Further details are available from David Decker (96 647 1666) or John
   Deacon (96 577 0826).

Program:

Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23

Nine Waltzes
--------------
1. Valse in A minor, Op.Posth. (B.150)
2. Grande Valse Brillante in E flat, Op.18
3. Grande Valse Brillante in A flat, Op.34 No.1
4. Grande Valse Brillante in A minor, Op.34 No.2
5. Grande Valse Brillante in F, Op.34 No.3
6. Grande Valse in A flat, Op.42
7. Valse in D flat, Op.64 No.1 ("Minute" Waltz)
8. Valse in C sharp minor, Op.64 No.2
9. Valse in A flat, Op.64 No.3

Ballade No. 2 in F, Op.38
-----
Intermission
-----
Ballade No. 3 in A flat, Op.47

Four Impromptus
Impromptu in A flat, Op.29
Impromptu in F sharp, Op.36
Impromptu in G flat, Op.51
Fantasie-Impromptu in C sharp minor, Op.66

Ballade No. 4 in F minor, Op.52

Jane Erb <[log in to unmask]>