From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:41:36 +0100
Lewis Liu wrote:

>Hi, I am very interested in the live recordings from the series of ORFEO
>D'OR.  Did any one have listened to the disc.  I'm concern with the
>performance and the recording quality.

I bought Carlos Kleiber playing Beethoven 4.  Live Recording in this case
means a recording from beginning to end of the performance including 4
minutes of applause.

Recording quality was fine - no hiss etc.  Balance was fine.  Almost easy
to forget it is live.  Audience must have been well behaved since there is
little coughing even during the slow movement and Klieber said in the notes
that they did not edit the recording at all.

Performance is obviously excellent.

David Stewart