From:
Sam Kemp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:22:54 +0100
I've got a strange sense of deja-vu here, as our dog will lie on the
living-room floor throughout any piece of Classical music, even the most
raucous, if such is the word: Rex Tremendae from Berlioz's Requiem, as one
example.  However, the moment the TV goes on and "Top of the Pops" comes
out......

I've never understood this: perhaps man's best friend has more
intelligence than we give it credit for, certainly more than the monkeys
seem to.......

I don't know if any scientists out there would dare to define and explain
this, but I'd have thought that it was easier to define a degree of
rock'n'roll than a degree of tonality, at any rate!

Sam Kemp