From:
Norman Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:21:45 EDT
Don Satz writes:

>But I will provide my ususal intensive comparison: Beethoven for solo
>piano works, Beethoven for chamber works, Mozart for concertos, Beethoven
>for symphonies, Mozart for operas, and Mozart for sacred works.  It's a
>tie!

It's not a contest.  We are not comparing BMWs to Mercedes.  It's more like
a matter of apples and oranges.  Some days I'm in the mood for Beethoven.
Other days I'm in the mood for Mozart.  And yet other days I'm in the mood
for some Beethoven and some Mozart.  (And if I bought fewer CDs I might
have both a BMW and a Mercedes in my garage (and not our Honda and Toyota.)

Norman