From:
Sami Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:12:16 -0400
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>>I wonder why Vox hasn't been discussed until now?

and Don Satz replied:

>It's because Ron didn't bring up Vox until today.  To the speedy go the
>spoils.

Another label is the Philips DUO recordings.  I bought these awhile ago but
they were 2 CDs for the price of one.  Among the offerings are:

Haydn The Seasons with Marriner conducting and FIscher-Dieshau, Edith Mathis
and Siegfried Jerusalem as soloists.

Brahms Complete Trios with the Beaux Arts Trio:Sebok, Grumiaux,Orval and
Pieterson

Brahms Piano COncertos and Overtures with C Arrau and Haitnik conducting the
Royal Concertgebouw

The Best of Boccherini with Pablo Casals, Pepe Romero and aothers.

Schubert the Last 3 Piano SOnatas with Brendel

They are reissues but the liner notes are written for the compilation.

What I haven't found with the Philips DUOs is anything really out of the
standard repetoire but it is a good way to get first rate performances at
cheap (but not the cheapest) prices.

Sami