From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:37:25 -0500
Iskender wrote:

>Thanks, I'll try it with the Serebrier LSO performance.  But this still
>does not answer the question whether the Maestro is alive or no...

Here's the beginning of the New York Times obituary:

   Gian Carlo Menotti, Opera Composer, Dies at 95
   By BERNARD HOLLAND
   Published: February 2, 2007

   Gian Carlo Menotti, who wrote his first opera before he was 11
   and went on to become perhaps the most popular and prolific opera
   composer of his time, winning two Pulitzer Prizes, died Thursday
   in Monaco, where he had a home.  He was 95.

The full obituary can be accessed at

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/02/arts/music/02menotti.html?ref=obituaries

Scott Morrison