From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:01:32 -0600
John Polifronio wrote:

>Perhaps the store clerk wasn't as amused as he appeared to be.  His main
>job is to sell records, not credit customers for returns.  Your description
>of the clerk's reaction (to your having returned a Gould record) suggests
>that you must have received some "guidance" with your musical tastes from
>him.

Sorry John, but as someone who has sold classical records for years, I
promise you that most of us don't really give a damn about moving units.
Those of us (on the whole) who sell classical music are there because we
first love the music.  If you read correctly, Joseph said that he bought
the record sight unseen (as it were.) Most folk who work in reputable
classical departments often find themselves disgusted (right or wrong,
it happens) with the ignorance of the public.  We try to keep it hushed
though!

Kevin Sutton