From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:05:04 -0700
Chris Bonds ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I agree with you to an extent.  I have never had the desire to get to know
>Reger's music (and am suspicious of those who do).

Hmmm - isn't this what we call "prejudice" Chris?

I'm not especially familiar with Reger's organ music - and I suspect that
poor organists have a lot to do with Reger's reputation for being dull -
but the string quartets are gorgeous; the clarinet quintet is worthy of
mention in the same breath as Mozart, Weber and Brahms; the trios for flute
violin and viola are magical; the sonatas for solo violin and solo cello
are worthy successors to Bach's.

So - why are you suspicious of *me*?

Deryk Barker