From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:17:24 PDT
David Stewart wrote:

>I think that Mozart's Piano Concertos, as a body of works, are the best
>examples of good classical composition there are.

I think that Mozart's piano concerto writing was the genre in which he
was most "consistently" excellent and inspired.  There are Mozart piano
sonatas, chamber works, choral compositions, symphonies, operas, and other
concertos which certainly rival any of the piano concertos.  But, those
piano concertos are a marvel to me of consistency, beauty, and idiomatic
writing.

Don Satz