From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:10:52 GMT
I've noticed in the stores two discs of Bortnyansky Sacred Concertos on
Chandos; a third cd is ready to be released.  Chandos does appear to have
a high opinion of his music, but I am not familiar with it.  To the best
of my knowledge, Bortnyansky was a composer in the late 1700's, and his
Sacred Concertos are choral works without instrumental support.

Is anyone on the list knowledgeable about Bortnyansky's music or the
Chandos recordings in particular?

Don Satz