From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:09:20 -0500
Some list members have written negatively of purchasing Mozart's
entire output as one set from one record company, and I can't deny that
I would never consider this type of purchase.  For me, it would be "total
overload", because I'm a short term person.  However, I think that a
potential buyer who had a long-range plan of how to approach listening to
such a huge set might well get much value from the set.

We can buy single cd's, double sets, sets of a composer's symphonies or
some other category, or sets of all the compositions of a composer.  It's
good to have options, for every buyer is unique.

I do have a picture of a particular buyer who purchases the entire
Beethoven output in DG, all of Mozart on Philips, and all of Bach on Teldec
or Hanssler (or maybe both).  How long would it take to go through it all
in a meaningful way?  If married, would the purchases spell the doom of the
relationship?

Don Satz