From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:40:15 -0600
Mike Leghorn wrote:

>You'll have a hard time fitting 20 classical pieces on one cd.

Well I know of one instance which did even better than that..."Fifty
Great Treasures of Music"...issued on 2 LPs!  What I really enjoy about
this set is that while there are titles like...Symphony No.5 and Symphony
No.1...composers aren't always listed!

It is not a collection of "Greatest Hits" it is really a collection
of "Best known themes from the classics." Also, needless to say, the
performers are not identified.

Another favorite in my collection was produced locally...It is a 45
rpm record which offers, in the space of four minutes, something like
snippets of about 25 popular songs.  Then there was a disc issued by Opus
One records: " It contains a 3:50 condensation of Wagner's Ring and a 4:30
condensation of the Bartok String Quartets.  Just the thing for the person
on the go...

Opus One No.58
Noah Creshevsky: Ring precis and Bartok precis.

In the words of the immortal Anna Russell..."I'm not making this up!"

Karl