From:
Daniel Paul Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 16:57:47 -0500
Sandra Beane writes:

>Does anyone know of any music that was written for Harp and cello? I have
>a friend who plays harp and I think it would be neat to play something.
>Can someone help me?

There are a number of pieces for that combination from Napoleonic France,
many of them by Jean-Louis Duport.  A cellist acquaintance of mine was
going to record them, and had me sight-read them with him at the piano.  My
impression was that neither the cello or harp parts were particularly easy;
the music itself was of variable quality.  We were reading from photocopies
of original editions; I don't know if anyone has published them in modern
edition.

DPHorn