From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 15:01:59 -0400
Donald Satz wrote:

>Actually, what concerns me more is when movies about the distant past use
>music from present time.  There's a new movie on the market about knights
>and jousting, etc.  I was watching a commercial for this new film, and the
>music being played was of the pop category from our current age.

I only glanced at the commercial ("In Shining Armour"), and thought I saw
something about music by Queen.  One assumes it's not "Elizabeth"...  I
suppose what threw me more than the music was the dialogue, which sounded
from several characters to be pure Southern California or somesuch....

>What's next? King Louis and his wife doing some shopping to Madonna's "Material
>Girl"?

Well, that movie will be different--it's French, called "Le roi danse",
and features the relationship between a young Louis and a young Lully.  So
you can bet the music will be properly "period"; however I've heard from
several sources that because it's played by Musica Antiqua Koeln it will
have a distinctly Teutonic air to it, which ticked off these French-leaning
HIPsters to no end.

I don't know when, or if, the movie will be released outside of France.

Bill H.