From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:51:57 EDT
Scott Morrison writes:

>Leonard Slatkin.
>
>Washington, the political capital, will have to bite the bullet and give
>him up to the country's intellectual capital.

I don't think so, he has barely arrived in Washington.  Well, I hope not at
any rate.  All this talk of rotating conductors makes me wonder where these
two great maestros are working these days...wait for it....Charles Mackerras
and Libor Pesek.

Anybody know where these two are at?  I was fortunate enough to see Pesek
conduct the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic in Dvorak's Requiem and it remains
one of the most unforgettable concerts I've ever been to.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)