From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:52:21 -0700
Tony Duggan:

>Back on topic, I suppose that with Webern you would need to drink only
>short measures.

I figure differently:

Take 12 different alchoholic beverages, arrange them carefully in whatever
order you chose, then drink them many times in the same order.  Then do it
backwards.  Then upside down.  Now take the 12th drink and combine it with
the 1st, the 11th with the 2nd, etc, until you have a bunch of bigger,
colorful drinks.  Drink these too.  Then drink the first set [sic] again.

Then:  see what still makes sense.  Not the world, I bet, but you'll think
you're really clever for having gone through the trouble.

This really could be more Berg than Webern.  That way you get to do it for
longer!!  Which must've been Tony's point.  Oh well.

Bob K., off to the bar...