From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:31:33 -0400
Bob Kasenchak wrote:

>According to the back of the CD cover (all I have to go on) the piece is
>called:
>
>Musikalisches Blumenga:rtlein und Ley:ptziger Allerley:
>(where colons indicate umlauts after letters they are upon)
>Something about a musical flowergarden I believe, and then??

Leipziger Allerlei is a dish, a food preparation, the composition of
which I no longer recall.  ("Allerlei" means "hodge-podge", "mixture" or
"medley", and leipziger Allerlei may be some kind of mixed dish, possibly
of leftovers, but I just don't recall, although I remember my mother
referring to it.) The title "Musicalisches Blumengaertlein und Leipziger
Allerlei" (the "t" and umlauted "y", as well as the final "y" instead of
"i" may be a deliberate archaism) sounds like an irreverent, slightly
self-deprecating, title meaning something like "Musical Flower Garden and
Mixed Salad".

Unfortunately, I don't know the musical work itself.

Walter Meyer