From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:10:51 -0700
Catching up on posts from the list which I am adding to my want list,
Andreas von Doebeln's post of July 11 on Karl Amadeus Hartmann's symphonies
caught my eye.  He avers the composer's first symphony was inspired by the
poetry of Walt Whitman.  In the dim recesses of my mind lurk references
others have made recently to works inspired by Whitman's poetry, which
I am in the process of discovering.

Would knowledgeable Listers care to enumerate works based on the poetry of
Whitman? I would be interested in conducting a comparison in styles and
treatment.

Tim Mahon
Alexandria, VA