From:
Edgar Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:38:48 -0400
Donald Satz wrote:

>I have to confess that my posting was greatly "exaggerated", although
>sprinkled with some very sincere words.

Is it in the best interest of a musical discussion to "exaggerate" a
position in order to get a rise out of your fellow listers? Should we take
your future postings less seriously?

>What a polite group of list members!  I initiate this thread, say
>outrageous things, disparage two world-class composers, poke fun at folks
>who show their emotions readily, and all I get back are "nice" responses.

i did not think that the responses were all that polite.  Mr Newberry had
some very strong things to say in response.  A longer life span and it's
affect on the way we experience Art - early death as experienced with a
holocaust and an AIDS epidemic is a most cruel blow - not, I agree, yet
handled in contemporary music with the exception of Lees "Memorial Candles"
symphony.  Until, I found out that you were joking, I found this thread
very interesting.  I was most heartened by the numerous people who came to
Liszts' and Peters' defense.

Ed Beach