From:
Bob Yoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 07:26:52 PDT
Am I the only person who could hear a difference between Abbado and Muti?
I happen to like Muti better, but that's my taste.  Muti is very conscious
with balance, probably something he got both from his extensive composition
background and more importantly, working as Klemperer's assistant with the
Philharmonia.  Also, Muti tends to be a lot more rhythmically incisive.
Listen to their respective recordings of Verdi's Requiem (both with La
Scala) and you'll hear a diffence. . . .or proof that I've gone off the
deep end.

Bob Yoon