From:
Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:05:53 -0400
Writes Mimi Ezust:

>No, no, I am not objecting that anyone "dare" criticise the program.
>I am just amused.  People whine that there is "dumbing down" on NPR,
>classical music is shrinking everywhere we look, and we play "ain't it
>awful," but when Ed Zubrow heard the show and was inspired to make some
>positive comments, all of a sudden people who may not even have HEARD the
>program were right there with criticism of it, only on the strength of
>reading the name "Drury." Pavlov rang a bell, maybe?

Better than Drury plays the piano.  The program was filled with the usual
assortment of self-congratulatory verbiage which adheres to Mr.  Drury and
his entourage, the usual distortions of fact, history and music, the usual
"we got grants and you ain't" attitude.

And Mr.  Lydon, as is his wont with such guests, was being a fawning "oh
gee it is so good for me to be close to such with it people and bask in
their glory."

The only thing positive about that show is that it *ended*.

Stirling S Newberry