From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:25:56 -0400
I burbled:

Ron Chaplin wrote:

>Why "Nutty?"

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the instrument Biggs
used was a *practice* instrument, and not a concert one.  Fine by me!  I
have many other versions, too, and always thought this one was the one that
made me happiest.  Besides, if I say 'nutty' in the subject line, I'm apt
to get more attention than if I just write "Bach Trio Sonatas." There, you
found me out.

>However, I feel I can follow the sonatas much better on the Bigg's disc.
>I feel there is a clarity that the others do not have, for me.  And, being
>on Sony Essential Classics, the price is certainly right.  Thanks for the
>recommendation.

My pleasure.  Always glad to win a convert or two!  Thanks, too, for the
kind words.

Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>