From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 09:45:34 PDT
I was listening last night to the Nikolayeva WTC recordings on
Mezhdunarodnaya Kniga (MK).  It's been about a year since I last played
her set, and it was better last night than I had remembered.  She's nicely
expressive in the slower pieces, and exhibits good pacing and insight into
the Bach idiom.  However, the faster pieces are a problem for her; the flow
tends to break down, and instead of a feeling of excitement, I had the
feeling that Nikolayeva was being speed challenged.

Are any list members familiar with these recordings? Any opinion on her
interpretations?

Don Satz